Upperton Pharma Solutions is a Nottingham-based contract R&D company that specialises in the formulation and spray drying of pharmaceutical and biotechnology products, providing a complete service from early stage feasibility through to development and scale-up (including GMP clinical manufacture). Formulations cover a range of delivery routes, including oral (tablets & capsules), nasal, inhaled and parenteral.
Working as part of the R&D team based at the Nottingham Science and Technology Park close to the University of Nottingham, you will be part of a busy group working on client and internal scientific research projects. You will be directly involved in undertaking practical and written project work to achieve project goals and milestones. Junior Project Scientists are supported and supervised by Project Scientists and Senior Scientists.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Planning laboratory experiments, whilst considering safe working practices and necessary risk assessments.
- Undertaking practical and written project work as directed, using the company’s processes safely to meet client requirements. Techniques include:
- Solution preparation
- Characterisation of solutions by HPLC, UV and DLS.
- Characterisation of powders by laser diffraction, DVS, DSC, and physical tests such as bulk and tapped density and flow.
- Preparing technical documentation to support laboratory work and manufacturing including lab books, batch records and project reports.