Business Support Officer (Permanent)
Upperton Pharma Solutions is a Nottingham-based contract pharmaceutical company based at the Science and Technology Park close to Nottingham University. Upperton Pharma Solutions is an SME that has grown steadily over the last 4 years, and with this continued expansion an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Business Support Officer.
As a Business Support Officer, you will provide effective and efficient administrative support for the whole company as part of the Business Operations team. The Business Operations team is responsible for company administration, human resources, procurement and accounts. Responsibilities will be focussed on accounts/invoicing and other financial tasks, alongside general office duties (including handling incoming phone calls, receiving deliveries, scanning and archiving of documents), procurement, and HR. The role is varied, with the opportunity to work on continuous improvement projects to support the growing business needs.
We are looking for an individual with good organisation skills and knowledge of a range of IT systems, including Microsoft Word and Excel. Good communication skills are also essential with the ability to work within a team setting.
This is a great opportunity to contribute to a growing business with a global reach, and be heavily involved in all administrative aspects of running of a small company. The role will suit an individual who is looking to develop and progress into management once they have gained suitable experience. The company offers bonus, shares and pension schemes.
- Be educated to degree level or higher or have considerable work experience in a relevant role.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to effectively contribute within a team environment and work on own initiative.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to work accurately under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- A background or prior knowledge of an area of business administration.
- Experience or knowledge of Finance / Accounting / strong mathematical skills.
- Excellent proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of Intuit Quickbooks
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to Laura Mason, Director of Business Operations (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Closing date for applications: Saturday 23rd May 2020 (23:59)