13th December 2020 - Junior Project Scientist (Year in Industry, 12 months)
Upperton Pharma Solutions is a Nottingham-based contract R&D company that specialises in the formulation and spray drying of pharmaceutical and biotechnology products, providing a complete service from early stage feasibility through to development and scale-up (including GMP clinical manufacture). Formulations cover a range of delivery routes, including oral (tablets & capsules), nasal, inhaled and parenteral.
Working as part of the R&D team based at the Nottingham Science and Technology Park close to the University of Nottingham, you will be part of a busy group working on client and internal scientific research projects. You will be directly involved in undertaking practical and written project work to achieve project goals and milestones. Junior Project Scientists are supported and supervised by Project Scientists and Senior Scientists.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Planning laboratory experiments, whilst considering safe working practices and necessary risk assessments.
- Undertaking practical and written project work as directed, using the company’s processes safely to meet client requirements. Techniques include:
- Solution preparation
- Characterisation of solutions by HPLC, UV and DLS.
- Characterisation of powders by laser diffraction, DVS, DSC, and physical tests such as bulk and tapped density and flow.
- Preparing technical documentation to support laboratory work and manufacturing including lab books, batch records and project reports.
- Working within the Upperton Quality system
Candidates should be able to effectively contribute within a team environment and work on own initiative.
Salary for the position is £16,000 pro-rata per annum. Working hours will be 37 ½ hours per week, with flexible working between the hours of 7.30 am and 5 pm, core hours are 9 am to 3 pm. Due to the nature of this post, you may occasionally be required to work additional hours as are reasonably necessary to perform your duties. The position will run for 52 weeks from Summer 2020 (start date negotiable).
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to Dr Laura Mason, Director of Business Operations to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Sunday 8th March 2020