Formulation Development Scientist / Senior Formulation Development Scientist
Location : Nottingham UK | Type : Full time, permanent
Upperton Pharma Solutions is a Nottingham-based CDMO that specialises in the development and manufacturing of pharmaceutical products, providing a complete service from early-stage feasibility through to GMP clinical manufacture. Formulations cover a range of delivery routes, typically including oral (tablets & capsules), nasal and inhaled.
The Upperton laboratories and manufacturing plant are currently situated on the Science Park, adjacent to the University of Nottingham, and since obtaining an MHRA clinical trials manufacturing licence in 2019 we have experienced rapid, continuous growth across the whole business to continually satisfy our growing, international customer base. We will be moving to a new, significantly larger facility in Beeston at the end of 2023.
As part of this expansion programme Upperton is looking to recruit a Formulation Development Scientist / Senior Development Scientist. To satisfy the demands of this exciting yet challenging role we are looking to recruit a highly motivated individual that has the following skills and experience necessary to perform the role:
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Practical activities supporting the development of formulations, including tablets and capsules and nasal and pulmonary delivery systems, for both small molecule and biologic APIs
- Small scale and pilot plant manufacturing activity, including blending, granulation tableting, spray drying and device filling
- Testing in collaboration with the analytical development team
- Accurate documentation of laboratory activities, including COSHH and risk assessments, and experimental write up
- Clear communication with project teams including other scientists, managers and technical experts to plan and execute on development programmes
- Preparation and presentation of data to clients, and work with the analytical and manufacturing teams
- Comply with all relevant SOP’s and keep training file up to date.
Additional for Senior Formulation Development Scientist
- Management and training of scientific staff, helping others to achieve project goals and milestones and support their personal development
- Project leadership, working with others as required to meet project deliverables to a high standard.
- A very high level of organisational ability, clear communication skills and a proactive approach to achieving tasks to a high standard.
- Experience in solid dosage formulation development and scale up is desirable, with a good knowledge of the transfer of formulations and processes to a GMP manufacturing environment.
- Have excellent communication skills (written and verbal), and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- For Senior, 3 years’ experience in pharmaceutical development, ideally in a CDMO environment
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to Dr Laura Mason, Director of Pharmaceutical Sciences Careers@Upperton.com
Closing date for applications: 5th October 2022
No agencies please