Head of Analytical Services Team
Upperton Pharma Solutions is a contract development and manufacturing organisation (CDMO) that specialises in the production of novel pharmaceutical drug products for use in clinical trials. Our clients come from across the globe, seeking to utilise our specialist knowledge and experience in the development of a wide range of challenging pharmaceutical formulations that are used to treat indications as diverse as oncology, diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
The Upperton laboratories and manufacturing plant are situated on the Science Park, adjacent to the University of Nottingham, and since obtaining an MHRA clinical trials manufacturing licence in 2019 we have experienced rapid, continuous growth across the whole business to continually satisfy our growing, international customer base.
As part of this expansion programme Upperton is now looking to recruit a highly motivated individual to both lead and further develop our rapidly expanding Analytical Development Services team.
- Lead and develop a cross-functional analytical team across the whole Upperton business – including external recruitment and internal progression for the analytical team.
- Provide technical expertise and demonstrate troubleshooting capabilities across a range of analytical techniques
- Lead/manage a cross-functional analytical team in both the GMP and development arms of the business; making sure that all customer work is performed on time and to the appropriate quality standard
- Ensure GMP compliance, adherence to internal procedures in all analytical operations
- Manage analytical timelines to ensure that all analytical deliverables are met
- Liaising with Commercial team on customer quotations
- Represent the analytical team in client and regulatory meetings/audits/Inspections
To satisfy the demands of this exciting yet challenging role we are looking to recruit a highly motivated individual that has the following skills and experience necessary to perform the role:
- At least 5 years’ experience of working to pharmaceutical GMP standards in an analytical laboratory within a CDMO environment
- Significant technical and practical experience in the testing of GMP materials from starting materials through to release of finished products (including troubleshoot analytical issues in a GMP environment).
- A track record of building and managing a team of analytical scientists
- Establishing and running stability studies
- Data management and reporting from both in-house and external third party laboratories.
- Presenting analytical data and solutions to clients as a member of the project team
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to Careers@Upperton.com
Closing date for applications: Friday 5th March 2021
No agencies please