Quality Control Scientist Level I & ll
Location : Nottingham UK | Type : Full time, permanent
(Hiring Multiple Candidates)
Upperton Pharma Solutions is a Nottingham-based CDMO that specialises in the formulation and spray drying of pharmaceutical and biotechnology products, providing a complete service from early-stage feasibility through to development and scale-up (including GMP clinical manufacture). Formulations cover a range of delivery routes, typically including oral (tablets & capsules), nasal and inhaled.
The Upperton laboratories and manufacturing plant are situated on the Science Park, adjacent to the University of Nottingham, and since obtaining an MHRA clinical trials manufacturing licence in 2019 we have experienced rapid, continuous growth across the whole business to continually satisfy our growing, international customer base.
As part of this expansion programme Upperton is looking to recruit Quality Control Scientists to join our Analytical Team.
Working as part of the Quality Control team we are preferably looking for experienced analysts who will be responsible for performing tests on analytical samples in accordance with defined analytical methods, Standard Operating Procedures and Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP). A range of analytical techniques are employed across a range of dosage forms, including HPLC, ELISA, FTIR, pH, Karl-Fischer, UV, dissolution/disintegration, SVP, DSD and polarimetry. Full training can be provided for suitable entry level candidates.
- Perform analytical testing in an accurate, timely and efficient manner, consistent with GMP requirements to support the manufacture and release of raw materials, intermediates and finished products
- Follow approved protocols to support the technical transfer of analytical methods into the QC laboratory
- Contribute to the writing of SOPs, protocols and analytical test reports for submissions to clients or other internal departments
- Review and check analytical data and associated analytical reports
- Perform routine maintenance and calibration of QC equipment
- Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement within a GMP framework
Preferably, we are looking for someone with previous industry experience working within a GMP laboratory. However, a full training can be provided for suitable entry level candidates. Flexibility in working hours may be required on occasion to meet business/project needs.
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent experience in a related scientific/technical discipline
- Have excellent communication skills (written and verbal), and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to effectively contribute within a team environment and work on own initiative
- At least 3 years previous experience within a GxP laboratory environment (QC Scientist II)
- Experienced in HPLC analysis, data acquisition and review (QC Scientist II)
- Understanding of safe working practices within a laboratory setting
- Good organisation and planning skills with the ability to work flexibly to meet business needs
- GC experience desirable
- ELISA experience desirable
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Closing date: 31st March 2023
If you have any questions or need some support with your application, then do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org