Before we get into what this actually means for you, we do need to get some of the basic legal stuff out of the way.
- If you access our site and/or use our Products and Services, you consent to the terms of this Policy and agree to be bound by it, and our Terms of Service (based on which service you are using).
Important information – Definitions
- Just making sure we’re all on the same page about who’s who. We’re Upperton Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales under Company Number: 03833301
- Our Registered Office address is: Albert Einstein Centre, Nottingham Science Park, Nottingham, NG7 2TN
- When we say ‘us’, ‘we’, ‘our’ or ‘Upperton Pharma Solutions’ we’re referring to ourselves.
- When we mention “you” or “your”, we’re referring to people who use or engage with the Upperton brand, products and services. It also refers to people visiting our website, including engaging in social media.
What type of information do we collect?
- Personal information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual such as your name, title, company name, job function, postal address, telephone number, user name or email address. In fact, for our newsletter we only ask you for your name, Company and email address.
- Your IP Address number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP Address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you access the Sites, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that you visited.
- At times, you may disclose personal information from publicly available sites i.e. from social media, blogs, websites and other services where you are able to post information and materials. Please remember that this information is publically available.
- We may also collect personal information from job applications to assess an applicant’s suitability for employment.
- Other information is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual. This might include URL’s of pages you visit and which, device, operating system and browser you use and the time of your visit. We collect this information to help us understand how our website is working and how we could improve it / and our services.
- We do retain messages you post to our website or social media accounts.
We have different ways of collecting information
- If you are using our website, we may collect information directly from you when you register for events (including webinars), contact us, subscribe to our email newsletters, download content, register to use our sites (portal) or job applications.
- We may collect personal information from you if you attend one of our events, or an event that we are attending or during calls with sales and support teams, or when you contact us.
- If you use one of our web-based services, components of those services may collect personal information in order to provide you with that service.
Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your computer address, computer type, screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version, and the name and version of the Sites you are using.
- The type of cookies we’re talking about are web beacons and similar technologies which record log data. They are small text files stored on your computer for record-keeping purpose each time you visit our website.
- We do analyse data so we may collect anonymous data too. Whilst it does not directly identify you personally or contain any other information about you, it does identify your computer.
- We and our third-party service providers may use a combination of “persistent cookies” (cookies that stick around until you or your browser deletes them or they expire) and “session ID cookies” (cookies that are deleted when you close your browser) on the website.
- From a website point of view, the cookie helps us track overall site usage, and track and report on your use and interaction with ad impressions and ad services. We use this kind of information to improve the functionality and experience of our website.
- We do use web analytics services, which currently is Google Analytics.
- The other type of information we collect is non-identifiable data to help us derive global or industry usage metrics to assist forecasting, benchmarking, and trend analysis. We use it to help us crunch the numbers in the background.
- We don’t store credit card details, nor do we process credit/debit cards ourselves. We have no direct payment gateways on our website.
How we use this information
Overall the key reason for us collecting personal information is so we can provide our customers with better support and to improve their user experience.
- To understand and improve our Marketing activities
- To assist you with technical support issues or other issues relating to our Products and Services.
- To communicate with you and respond to your enquiries and fulfil your requests, such as sending you requested materials, as well as information and materials regarding our products and services.
- Send email and/or SMS marketing communications i.e. newsletters and invites. These will only be sent to you if you have requested the information or opted in to receiving marketing communications. We will provide you with instructions how you can easily remove yourself from that mailing list if you so wish.
- To record your marketing and communication preferences, so we can keep you informed about our Product updates and Service offerings.
- For our general business purposes (such as finance reporting and identifying usage trends campaign effectiveness).
- Process a job application that you’ve submitted and communicate with you.
- We will keep your personal information for no longer than is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected.
Sharing of your data
- We will not share your data for any other commercial purpose, other than if you are an employee.
- We will disclose your personal information if we are required by law or as permitted by the applicable laws.
The security of your information is our top priority
- We store personal information on secure servers that are managed by us and our service providers, these are located physically in the EU and occasionally hard copy files that are kept in a secure location, again in the EU. Personal information that we store is subject to security and access controls, including username and password authentication and data encryption where appropriate.
- While we do take reasonable steps to secure your Personal Information from loss, misuse, interference, unauthorized access, modification and disclosure, you should be aware no security procedures or protocols are ever guaranteed to be 100 percent secure from intrusion or hacking, and therefore there is always some risk assumed by sharing Personal Information online.
- If there is a high risk of harm in the event of a breach, we will report to our data protection authority as soon as possible after becoming aware of the breach and to the data subjects as soon as possible.
- You can contact us at email@example.com to access, correct or request deletion of any of your personal information that we store.
- Where you have provided your consent for us to use your personal information, you may withdraw that consent at any time. Please note that withdrawal of consent may prevent us from being able to provide Products or Services to you.
- You have the right to lodge a privacy complaint with a relevant supervisory authority.
Changes to these terms