Upperton Pharma Solutions is a Nottingham-based CDMO that specialises in the formulation and spray drying of pharmaceutical and biotechnology products, providing a complete service from early stage feasibility through to development and scale-up (including GMP clinical manufacture). Formulations cover a range of delivery routes, typically including oral (tablets & capsules), nasal and inhaled. An opportunity has arisen for a Quality Control (QC) Scientist.
As a QC Scientist, you will be responsible for performing tests on analytical samples in accordance with defined analytical methods, Standard Operating Procedures and Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP). A range of analytical techniques are employed, including HPLC, FTIR, pH, Karl-Fischer dissolution testing and polarimetry.
- Performing analytical testing in an accurate, timely and efficient manner, consistent with GMP requirements.
- Developing and validating cleaning methods and subsequently performing cleaning verification.
- Documentation of all activities associated with GMP compliance.
- Preparation of SOPs and analytical test reports for submissions to clients or other internal departments.
- Routine maintenance and calibration of QC equipment.
Previous experience is not required, and the role will suit those with good technical knowledge, keen to learn and develop within a small team environment. Flexibility in working hours may be required to meet business/project needs.
- Be educated to degree level or higher in a related scientific/technical discipline
- Have excellent communication skills (written and verbal), and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to effectively contribute within a team environment and work on own initiative.
- Experience within a laboratory environment.
- Understanding of safe working practices and risk assessment within laboratory settings.
- Excellent decision making, organisation and planning skills.
- Previous experience within a GMP environment.
- Experience within a pharmaceutical QC laboratory, with knowledge of GMP, ICH guidelines, and QA process and methodologies.
No agencies please.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to Sarah Bayliss, Director of Quality and Compliance, firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Saturday 6th June 2020.